Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting with Subs

New company I work for posts all operations with sub programs on their Haas VMC's, they do all this editing manually and I would like to know would it be possible to modify the Post (generic haas vf-tr_series 5x mill.pst)to acheive this automatically? Their main program calls all their subs. I made some minor post changes in the past but not of this type. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

we do the same thing with alot of our prg's. all my posts are old just updated to new versions so i don't know if the newer posts

have that ability. what i ended up up doing was creating two different posts one that does the sub prg's and one that does the main prg.

i do the tool paths with the sub machine def. post it under a dummy file. then copy the tool paths into the main machine def.

post that out, then merge the dummy file into it in the editor. im going to take a hard look to see if i can do this another way.

HTH Ken,

The Haas five axis post doesnt allow you to post subs, it's stated in the post itself.

Yup, that's right. Sorry, I didn't notice that you mentioned the 5 axis post on your OP.

I worked at company that did something simalr to what you're descibing with the manual editing. They did the type of main program that called external subs. So, every sub program was posted indiviually, saved in the c drive or server location, then the main was manually coded to call up the subs through directory links.

This was the only way they wanted to run sub programs for 5 axis and the occasional mixture of 3, 4, and 5 axis from the same main. Huge mess, but it worked for them.

I haven't seen any other way of doing it to this day.

If there is, I'd like to know too.

Yup, that's right. Sorry, I didn't notice that you mentioned the 5 axis post on your OP.

I worked at company that did something simalr to what you're descibing with the manual editing. They did the type of main program that called external subs. So, every sub program was posted indiviually, saved in the c drive or server location, then the main was manually coded to call up the subs through directory links.

This was the only way they wanted to run sub programs for 5 axis and the occasional mixture of 3, 4, and 5 axis from the same main. Huge mess, but it worked for them.

I haven't seen any other way of doing it to this day.

If there is, I'd like to know too.

I have my reseller looking into modifying the post if it is even possible.