Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ATP

carpenters

I am X5 router 1 and having trouble with the tools. I set up an operation library using nine different tools. My problem is with similar tools. I am using three different 3/8 end mill cutters for different operations ( T1 is a compression cutter for perimeter cuts, T4 is for backs only and T9 is suppose to machine pockets) and I export the tooling set up. When I run the ATP those three tools are all over the machining. T1 does pocket and perimeter, T9 also pockets and does perimeters. I know I am setting up the library correctly, because all the other tools are doing what they are programmed to do. Any suggestions?

Carpenters

• 2 weeks later...

What if you tried "manipulating" the cutter diameters slightly by .001" up and down to create 3 different cutters. Not the true fix but if it works...

Hi Brad

Thank you for responding to my question. First I started of by renaming the three tools, but that did not work. Then I tried your solution and changed the diameter of the tool and that worked. The ATP is now picking the correct tool for the assigned level of operation. Thanks again.