Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5X POST

Jeremiah

So I have a part on a table/table 5 axis Leblond Makino. I need to get to a feature that is out of my Y travel limits when the tool plane is normal to the feature. I should be able to rotate T-plane 180 deg about the Z axis and get a new set of angles. And it apppears as such within Mastercam, but the post will output the same A/B combination no matter what the rotation is around the Z. The post I am using is a modified version of a custom post we had written thru our dealer. If anybody has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks

Jeremiah

[ 07-22-2003, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Jeremiah ]

You'll need a post mod that uses the rotated toolplane matrix to calculate the rotary angle for top planes, rather than using the tool vector. For Top Toolplanes rotated about Z, many/most 5-Axis posts will simply use the unit vector 0,0,1 to work out the angles. For every instance but the Top, this method is fine and you don't have to select machine-achievable toolplanes, as the post will decide how the machine needs to get into position, and map/track coordinates accordingly.

Anyways, a quick work around is to post out from a 3/4-Axis post like Mpfan or Mpmaster which should support the top toolplane rotation about Z.

[ 07-22-2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Thanks for the input Dave. With a little help from Allan Jones, post guy for Mcam NW. We came up with adding a misc int to rotate the A 180 deg:

if mirror_a, a = a + 180. Did this after the first calculation of a. and before the b. Code looks good, we'll see how it runs.

Jeremiah