Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nissin Max410I

We recently purchased a used Nissin Max410I 5axis machining center with a Fanuc 21I mb controller on it.

The machine has a couple of problems.

1) the finish isn't what it should be. If you cut a circle with the machine it leaves what would best be described as a sawtooth finish in the part(cutting aluminum).

I put a .0001 indicator in the spindle and indicated the hole in and the needle is constantly jumping about .0002.

2) I ran a 1.5" diameter circle at 7600rpm and 20"/minute feedrate and the circle is fairly round but rough finish. I put xxxxm in the hole sped the feedrate up to 150inches per minute and ran the program again. I had to add .009 in the tool compensation before all of the bluing cleaned up that I had put in the hole. I then put the indicator back in the machine and rechecked the hole and it showed to be .008" bigger diameter in the x than it was in the Y.

We have had Fanuc in to work on the controller and they said the issues was mechanical.

We brought someone in to work on the mechanics and so far he has not found anything wrong but says we should start by changing the thrust bearings out.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be with the mahine?

I can get a decent finish so long as I'm only cutting in one axis at a time.

Thanks.