Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X4 MU3 - Verify crashes

cbmarco

Has anyone had this problem?; I'm currently running X4. I've never had any problem with "verify" until I upgraded to MU3. Now when I try and verify any high resolution surfacing toolpaths Mastercam crashes. X4 verifies fine. Anything upgrade after X4 crashes. I even tried verifying the same file in X6 and it crashed right away. Is there some setting somewhere that I'm missing?

What video card are you using?

If it is an ATi, try going into the Mastercam config

Settings >> Config >> Screen

check the box to disable hardware acceleration and restart Mastercam

What video card are you using?

If it is an ATi, try going into the Mastercam config

Settings >> Config >> Screen

check the box to disable hardware acceleration and restart Mastercam

Okay. I opened up the file in X6 and disabled hardware acceleration as you said. I remembered trying that before and remembered why it will not work. The file did verify without crashing but it is useless to run the software with that setting as I don't have hours to sit around and watch the tools move across the screen at a snails pace. I don't understand why it will verify quickly in X4 (with hardware acceleration enabled) and as soon as I apply the MU3 upgrade it crashes when verifying.

My machine:

DELL

INTEL CORE 2 DUO

E8400 3.0 GHz

2.00 GB RAM

ATI REDEON HD 2400 PRO

WINDOWS XP PRO

Change out the Ati card.

Ati and Mastercam have never played nice together.

NVIDIA FX series all the way

I don't understand why it will verify quickly in X4

As I remember there was a bum driver that went out, it caused a TON of people issues, thus a patch was released within days of X4

You either work with the ATi and it's issues or change cards. The ATi card history is NOT good