Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak VTC 200b seems flimsy

I went and watched a 2001 mazak VTC 200b in operation yesterday and was amazed how much this machines tin moved around with the rapids at full speed (1181 I believe). I can’t see how this machine would cut good parts at higher feed rates. This machine is not a normal c frame machine. The table is completely stationery and xyz all move about the part. Has any one here run both one of these and a good c frame machine for comparison?

we got a VTC-200-50 here , and i am always amazed how this machine run smoothly with HSM

but , even if it run way smoother than the Okuma MC-V4020 that got the same spec on paper, the Okuma simply kill the Mazak on the precision and rigidity, in hard materials (inconel monel and hastelloy) i got to program 2-3 freecut on the mazak to get it on target , the Okuma do this on first pass

VTC is the "budget" machine, from the days before the the Nexus C frame series. The fast/rigid/accurate machine is the FJV dual column. There aren't a whole lot of benefits to the VTC style, other than the ability to safely and easily cut parts that are way larger than the work envelope.

If it was shaking and jiving while moving though, it's probably not anchored or leveled properly.

We have three Mazak VTC 200B and C's... We also have three Mazak 510C and 410A's... Also a Okuma Mill... The VTC's runs better and are much easier to set up then all of our other machines. The table is stationary this makes a huge difference in HSM and rigidity with the column moving in x.... Also the table is almost 10" lower then the 510's and Okumas... Making the operators happy with putting vises and fixtures in and out... Two of them have 32" long trunnion tables always in the machine... The Z height is nice on these machines...