Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trying to run edited posts

Hello,

I did some minor post editing and now keep getting this error message when I try to change the Control definition. "The following posts files were added but not saved! C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\WIRE\Posts\SODICK AQ325 single pass EXP1.PST Do you want to restore the dialog to save?" (A screen shot of this is attached as a .jpg file.)

I previously copied and changed the .wmd-5 and the .control-5 files to the same name in the \CNC Machines folder. This is baffling as a previously renamed .pst, .wmd-5 and .control-5 files were working.

Thank you, Tom

When you have the control def open, you hit the button on the left... "post processors", then pick your post from the window that pops up.

Then you have to select the post from the dropdown just to the right of the "post processors" button. <<<(I think this is what you were missing)

Then hit the save icon for the control def, then green check out, then hit the save icon for the machine def (assuming you got to the control def from the machine def), and then green check out of the machine def.

Welcome to the forum!