Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Adding " ;" to each code line

I'm guessing your stock post has n numbers. (Master cam might not condone this) but I'd try to manipulate my n number variable to post ". And I'd try to add " to my (eob) ; ive been searching around to see if there's something simple to add to your control definition. I didn't see anything other than Manuel entry. Anyway, if that doesn't work you could create a new variable. Instead of a variable you input the ".

My experience with wires I was using n numbers for how the machine picks up its e-pack.

So if you don't want to change the n numbers create a new variable use that format to post a " on every line.

You could see here that my experience with anything other than a 2011BA24 is simply limited.

Good luck :rambo:

look in the NC Output section of the Control Definition at "Alternate EOB characters". The will take care of the end of line.

For the start of line, modifying the block number to include the " may be the way to go.

Also consider using Cimco edit to add the " and start and end of each block during the transmit. (if loading by rs232).

Allright..... I took a post that didn't have any "n number". And started with this (last post). They were adding variables to a rough canned cycle.

Some machines require a finish toolpath and it roughs to the finish profile... so I 1)rough canned 2)finish 3)rough canned cycle 4) finish to make sure the variables were Inc. As stated.

I couldn't get it to Inc. The desired Inc. 10s then Inc x 1.

I was able to manipulate the values something like 20 then in the mach. Settings start at like 11 and Inc. By 1. Anyway.....

if g71type = 2 | g71type = 3, pbld, *n$, *string3, *speed, e$

if g71type = 1 | g71type = 0, pbld, *n$, *string3, *speed, "W0.", e$

]

else,

[

if omitseq$ = one & rc3 = size3 + one, pbld, *n$, *string3, e$ else, pbld, n$, *string3, e$

I remove the (multiply) *n$ to-----> n$ (in these three strings)

And she goes.....

It must have been some time since I've needed eob (;) it might be in the control def. Or it might be easier to go to an older post. Again I wanted to try to control the output because you wanted quotes (") and eob(;). As I started to place the n number throughout the post using this format. I got stumped..... because my post uses (") quotes to force the code... i couldnt get it to post (") quotes.... before I knew it my time was up... :ice:

Way more work then I originally stated!

Thanks, fellows, I appreciate the help. I should have mentioned that everyline can start with a N#. An example of a valid code line would be "N010 X1.0 Y2.0;" . Question about CIMCO Editor: I used it a few MasterCAM versions ago for this very purpose. I can't find it now in my seat of ver 5. Maybe I'm overlooking it or is CIMCO an option we may not have loaded now? (As you can tell, I'm not the software support person here.) My :unworthy: best to all...

I think what Tom want to add at the end of every line is a semicolon ; and not quotes ("). I used to operate a Sodic WC at Tech College and the post output a ; a semicolon at the end of every line, otherwise it would not work.

John

The easiest way would be to add two new string variables useing the ansi code to post out the (") and (;"). on each post block that is outputting code. That way you could just call the string variable at the begining and end of each line of code. This will be a slow process, because you will need to add them to each output command. Unless you are comfortable in doing a replace text routine.

Jerry

PS If you need more info just ask.

Thanks to all of you progress is being made: I added control def. EOB characters for ; and " (59 and 34 in ASCII) and now these symbols are on the end of each code line. This is a big help as it's easy enough to substitute "N for N with any editor. Thanks for pointing out how to get CIMCO editor working as this is another way to get these symbols, of course. BTW - I tried just the ; on the end of the lines but it didn't work, the first character of each line was missing when read at the machine. I even tried ;" ;"" and ;";" at the end but no go. I will look into the post editing as mentioned above for the "N after I learn more about post editing. I do appreciate the help as generating ;" on the ends was the higher hurdle by far. :coffee:

• 2 weeks later...