Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Limitations of Lathe-level 1

littlerob

Just wondering what C-axis toolpaths are excluded (or included) with Lathe-level 1? I have the burden of getting one 4 axis lathe C-X-Z-Y with a sub spindle, talking to Mastercam but can't seem to get some toolpaths to work. Is it an "axis combo" that I have missed or is level-1 limited?

Thanks guys/gals, Robert

Rob,

Who is your reseller? I see you're listed in Portland, is it Maine or Oregon?

If it's Services 4 Automation/Cimquest, give us a call in the morning.

Lathe 1 should have all the c axis paths

A better description of your problems can help narrow down your actual problem.

Rob,

Who is your reseller? I see you're listed in Portland, is it Maine or Oregon?

If it's Services 4 Automation/Cimquest, give us a call in the morning.

Lathe 1 should have all the c axis paths

A better description of your problems can help narrow down your actual problem.

I am in Oregon, so it would be Mcam Northwest I believe, thanks for the reply. I am using X3 since the owner doesn't want to pay for maintenance.

It seems I am having trouble posting out face contour toolpaths, I get the toolpath but it is from the wrong axis (X). We want to be using full 4 axis capability, but it seems my experience is limited. So all the toolpaths listed in the drop down are available in level 1?

Thanks, Robert

What machine is it? If you've got main, sub, c and y and want it all to work there will undoubtedly be post work involved.

No offense, but getting a sophisticated and expensive machine like that, spending a few grand for maintenance and a good post is pittance. Probably the cost of one live tooling station. Add to that down time you're already incurring from software issues....

It's like getting a corvette but buying old used tires for it.

Seriously, give Mcam a call just to know what you will be looking at.

I also live in Portland OR, I have worked with Mcamnw and the guy who does the post is awesome! I have always got great service. But I agree with the above gotta get the real post at minimum. The cost esspecially for a new customer is really not that much.

I also live in Portland OR, I have worked with Mcamnw and the guy who does the post is awesome! I have always got great service. But I agree with the above gotta get the real post at minimum. The cost esspecially for a new customer is really not that much.

I don't need a post, we are not a new customer we have X3. I need to know why the Generic 4 axis lathe post won't post the correct code. Is it the axis combos, in the control def. file?

The guy who ran the machine before me, used Mazatrol. So it's a Mazak which would make the EIA code identical to Fanuc G-code.

The owner is not going budge right now on buying maintenance. When the original X3 seat was purchased there were 25 machines on 2 shifts, now there are 16 machines on 1 shift. The reason the other guy is gone, is because he had a 15k crash. Money is an issue at the moment.

Robert

I need to know why the Generic 4 axis lathe post won't post the correct code. Is it the axis combos, in the control def. file?

you still haven't told us what exactly IS wrong.

It's not right OK, we get that but what IS the problem? Sharing a code sample with a comparison of what you're actually getting and what you actually need is really the only way any can start to figure what needs to be done for you. If you go to your doctor and say "doc I feel like crap" your doctor is going to ask what you mean, define the problem

just use mazatrol at the control then.

I can't believe you just posted that on a Mastercam forum :harhar:.

So to update I spent the day not making parts and messing with my defs. (made my boss really happy, as I am not a programmer, I am a machinist). The problem was 2 things; my axis combos weren't synched with the post output, I fixed that and the second problem was my own lack of experience, but I am posting to all Axes now.

Thank you guys for your help I'll be back--again, Robert

Nothing wrong with saying mazatrol on the mc forum. It is a powerful tool for programming. For basic turning I don't think it can be beat

Pffffttt... I have all the respect in the world for you Wes when it comes to Mazaks and mill/turn, but really? Sometimes my operators on the floor say " just let me use Mazatrol for that" and my common response is the stop watch is running, if you get your program done and it works before I bring you one then you can. Outside of cutting jaws, I have yet to be beat. Jus sayin.