Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 MU2 2d dynamic region chaining using solids for open pocketing

Hacsta

Hi All ,

I 've done a search and didnt find what i was looking for . I've read about this in Mastercam xtras but cant get it to work . Even when chaining open solid edges and using avoidance area and entry chain . I get and error message saying (open pockets will be ignored because custom entry is not enabled), even though custom entry is enabled . thanks in advance

Ryan Hacker

Back at cha'

Ryan,

It looks to me like you are only trying to machine out that recessed area.

A Dynamic Contour is likely a better choice, if you don't like the starting area you can get better control of it by adding a leg, the line, that I added but did not use.

Also to use Dynamic Area as you were, note the changes in the second file, there is no use of an avoidance region and the you can get the full cut by expanding the blue closed

contour. I also set it to use a custom open chain to enter from outside the stock.

They are on the FTP as well if anyone wants to check it out, in the X6 folder

X6_ MU2 _2D_DYNAMIC_SOLIDS_REGION_CHAINING_OPEN _POCKETING.MCX-6

JP_X6_ MU2 _2D_DYNAMIC_SOLIDS_REGION_CHAINING_OPEN _POCKETING.MCX-6

JP2_X6_ MU2 _2D_DYNAMIC_SOLIDS_REGION_CHAINING_OPEN _POCKETING.MCX-6