Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Weird Posting Problem

I'm using X6. I have 2 machine def's, and 2 control def's, both tied to the same post. I have machine A as my default. If I post a program out for machine A, it takes forever "reinitializing" variables, then will say "not responding" - but if I just wait, eventually the editor will pop up and the program will post out. There are no errors reported either by the MP or if I run it through the debugger. However, if I use machine B - it pretty much posts instantly. I have tried a couple of different posts (the ones that are supplied) and they all do the same thing - so I 'm guessing it's not a post problem. However, the weird part is - if I post out a program for machine A through the debugger, from then on machine A will post out pretty much instantly just like machine B (I can even close the debugger) until I close down Mastercam, Any idea's why it is doing this or why running just one program through the debugger "fixes" it?

On "Machine A" go into the Machine definition, then control definition. Once here go to files... near the bottom of the page there should be an area called "Posting Error file". Ensure the options are set as Keep Error file: On fatal errors and Message options: All error messages to file.

Save the control def, choose OK, save the Machine definition, choose Ok, choose yes to reload the machine def and post. This should get rid of the "reinitializing" variables and should post faster.

inside the control definition file look into the Files tab and make sure you have in the posting error file section all error message to file as message option.

This should get rid of the display of reinitializing you see in the posting status bar.

As for why running the debugger seeme to fixed it I don't know.

Thanx guys! I had forgot that when I re-did my post that I had changed that so that I could "see" what was going on to make sure everything was good - I had changed machine A to "all error messages to screen". Changed it back to "all error messages to file" and now posting nicely!! :laughing: