Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Zoller preserter advice

Our shop just got a new Zoller Venturion presetter last week. I am currently working on getting the Zoller posts and the cumunications to all the machines up and going. I have a couple of questions about how to best implement it:

1) Our shop has aprox 20 CNC machines, the majority of them are 40 & 50 spindle taper machines. The length from gage line from machine to machine varies up to .030. I would like the tool lengths coming from the Zoller to be used on ALL of the machines and not have to make a Zoller post unique tool lengths for each machine. Also, many of our machines already have tool setters in them so it would be nice to have the #'s coming from the machines tool setter match the Zoller.

2) We have several machines with the Mazak Matrix control ( we are using the Mazatrol tool and Dia's offsets) I am having a hard time getting a Zoller post to work for them ( I had very little trouble with our FANUC based machines) .The Zoller came with 100's of post templates some of which were supposedly for the Mazak Matrix control none of which have worked for me. The Mazaks we have will output the Mazatrol tool info as a .DBD file so I am assuming that is the file type that I need the Zoller to output. Any advice would be helpfull especially the name and Zoller article number of the post you are using.

I think the prestter we bought is an amazing machine, but I do think that getting in implemented across all of our machine is a much bigger job than I originally thought :)

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give.

-Daryl

Oh man, brand new Zoller! I'm jealous.

You can write to the Mazatrol Tool Data with G10s just like Fanuc machines. I don't know the system variables off the top of my head but they're in the manual. I think they're in the 40,000s or 60,000s.

For the mismatch gage length problem, if the plan is to use the presetter for everything, just re-calibrate the auto tool length measurement on the machines that have it, and don't worry about the others.

If changing the calibration data on the CNC is not on the table, you can just create a new adapter in the Zoller specific to each machine.

Then when you create the Machine in the Zoller database, select that adapter, done.

This is only a workaround, Joe already gave you the best idea.

Thanks for the good advice guys. I am still having trouble with our Mazaks though. I have exported tool data as a text file (.DAD on Matrix and .M6V on Fusion controls) and compared them to the what the Zoller is posting out and honestly the formats look the same to me, but the machine will throw an error when trying to import the Zoller information. I can changed a couple of values in the machine and import the tool data that I just exported back to the machine so I know that Iam importing the data correctly. Obviously I am missing something, tomorrow I will be sending the files to Mazak to see if they can tell whats wrong with them.