Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solid Modeling Help with Kurt Vise Jaw

Don K

Hoping for some help.

I placed a file call Don_K_T3652_Solid Model.mcx-6 out on the ftp site in the Mastercam forum\X6_Files directory.

So far I have created the solid body for the stationary vise jaw but I cant figure out how to create the solid model for the socket in the center of the jaw what will serve as part holding.

I have tried to revolve the solid about the vertical line in the center of the jaw but this will not work I think because the larger arcs are greater than 180 degrees.

I originally thought all I would have to do is link up the arcs, then chain that profile and revolve it about the vertical line in the midpoint of jaw.

Any suggestions?

ftp://mastercam-cadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/X6_FIles/

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Usually what I do is create arcs in the plane I want to extrude the shaft, then push it however long I need to . Then if I need to add alarger diameter on the shaft (say to replicate the thread OD, then I just create another arc at the major diameter in the right position and extrude "add body" and add it to the shaft. Easy peazy. You can revolve it, sure, then why make it harder than you need to?

HTH