Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new to subprogram

good afternoon everyone,

I'm programming a HAAS VF 4SS but I'm fairly new at doing 4 axis. i have a fellow co-worker that also programs 4 axis but he tends to use subprograms, i tried asking for advice on how it is done but doesn't seem like he wants to cooperate. I'm wondering how could i make subprograms or where would i be able to learn more about it?

What kind of part are we talking about, there is indexing 4th axis and there is continous 4th axis, are you wrapping a pocket, or are you controuring a 3D profile. You can do this several different ways, by means of ToolPath XForm--->Rotate, Select Subs and Tool Plane, Only if you are replicating a feature on several faces. You can create a WCS for every face and select it as your active WCS for the toolpaths on the corresponding face, it will ask you about updating the view every time you change the toolpath, simply select this view onlye which is at the bottom; this will tell it to rotate you 4th axis and run the tool then. There is also the Multi-Axis add-on in which you create a toolpath and have MasterCAM output your code in 4th axis format. We can all help you here, post some pics so we can guide you in which way to approach this.

Regards,

GM.

thank you for taking some of your personal time to help me.

here is the part i am programming. i have it one of the 4 faces of the tombstone but when i run all four faces i make a 4 post one for each of the G54-G57 homes. at the end i edit the programs and try to compact them into one program but the problem is that its a really long program. is there any advice you can give me in order to make the subprogram in order to make a smaller program but efficient as well.

thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...