Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma tailstock issue

All you Okuma guru's... I have a couple LB4000's with w-axis tailstocks. I can get the t/s to advance & retract, jog, handwheel etc. But I'm wanting to get the t/s to advance in at a specific time & stop at a location(with no pressure on the part), run the program & then retract back at end of program. I should refer to this as the t/s w-axis because I removed the t/s & replaced it with a alum mounting block & air driven tooling.

I keep getting alarms. My Okuma rep is telling me it needs to see pressure on the t/s in order to run. I'm not buying it. Any ideas?

Thanks, Tim

It thickens. The parameters were "adjusted" on one of the machines. I'll have to table this for a little, need to let production run their machines for the rest of the day. Someone has the tailstock barrier & turret barrier over tweeked. As soon as I try to jog the t/s it alarms. Disabled it'll move.

It would be so much easier if these machines were locked. At least I'd have a reason to be yelling at myself - although arguing/yelling at myself does keep people away.

• 1 month later...

I may be a bit late and you may have figured this out by now. I was able to trick the machine by setting different home positions for the tailstock. when i wanted the tailstock advanced without pressure, i would set that position as home. then in your program, tell the tailstock to go home. I don't work on Okuma's anymore so the code is not fresh in my mind. I could look it up if needed though.

hope this helps.