Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Associative WCS

Smrk

First of all i would like to say many thanks to all people who participate on creating Mastercam webinars. I joined my first yesterday (about WCS) and it was awesome.

Now my question:

I have rectangle with point at the centre. I select WCS Dynamic, move gnomon to the centre point, arange axes and click, than double click to confirm selection. In next window called "new view", option "set new origin" is checked, but option "associative" is grey. I have to click to arrow button on the left side and reselect my point again to gain WCS associative with that point. Why is not possible to have WCS associative with that point when placing gnomon?

First your creating a "Dynamic Plane", then your creating a "New view" in relation to that plane. It's really multiple functions they combine to make a "Dynamic WCS" function. I wish it carried the name you type from the plane creation to the view creation.....

I would send it along to CNC Software as an enhancement request.

-Josh