Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tutorial #3 reveiw exercise

wile-e

I am trying to create the geometry for the tutorial #3 reveiw exercise. The exercise gives me a drawing but does not contain all of the measurments ( or I'm missing something) I need to finish. I was able to figure out basically everything except for the location of the 150 degree angle. I THINK I figured ot the width of the shaft. Any suggestions?

Nah, it's there, you gotta do some fishing. Yes, Mill Level 1.

At system origin, create a circle with a radius of 1.125. It's shown in the drawing as phantom lines.

Now, create a line at 150. or -30 deg about 2" long above and to the right. Put it anywhere in the vicinity.

Now create a line parallel, be sure to turn on the tangent function and select the line and the circle with the 1.125 rad.

Start trimming, break at intersection, fillet, then mirror the geometry and your done.

HTH, MCM.

• Like 1

Nah, it's there, you gotta do some fishing. Yes, Mill Level 1.

At system origin, create a circle with a radius of 1.125. It's shown in the drawing as phantom lines.

Now, create a line at 150. or -30 deg about 2" long above and to the right. Put it anywhere in the vicinity.

Now create a line parallel, be sure to turn on the tangent function and select the line and the circle with the 1.125 rad.

Start trimming, break at intersection, fillet, then mirror the geometry and your done.

HTH, MCM.

I'll have to look at this again when I get home. I thought I saw something that made that impossible to draw.

• Like 1

Hello,

We've found the error in the drawing for exercise #4 and are working at replacing it in the PDF and future print versions. However, for those who already have print version, you can download the attached file. Individuals who've bought the eBook versions will be able to download a corrected version as soon as it becomes available. Or use the attached file in the meantime ;)

TUTORIAL #4 EXERCISE #1.pdf