Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solid turning

BOATDUDEGUY

O ya that worked great thanks

Now another thing ive been told you can turn and then mill Program in one file.

So if 8 were to turn a part, how would I go about milling, , wouldnt I need to oriente my model for milling, , wouldnt the lathe construction lines be in the way? Or should I give them all different levels so o can hide them,

Im jist trying to understand this bettwr

Mind my spelling, I usually post from my phone and dont think ill ever get used to the touch screen phones, this is my first "SMART PHONE" the note 2

Nope, create a new WCS for your Milling origins and program on them, this moves the WCS to the part instead of moving the geometry to the origin.

The caveat, if it have a 4 axis simul rotary axis cuts, I will do those in a separate file. 4th axis simultaneous and created WCS origins don't play well together. If it is however just 2 and 3 axis ops, all int he same file using the WCS

hth

Okay ive had this problemin the past and dont remember the solution or why it happens

The one with the radius I did the turn profile

And tells me tool will collide with stock

Well the other one with the angle I do the same thing but I get no collision alarm

I would upload the files but cannot at this moment will soon as I can

It rapids down to x0 when the canned cycle starts for some reason

And this happens all the time with a part that has a good size radius at the front

post-44199-0-00437800-1362811393_thumb.jpg

post-44199-0-03607900-1362811430_thumb.jpg

Im not really sure on how to do this so let me know if they are not in there

but backplot them the one with the radius is where the problems come in and the other i did the same thing and no problem

You have 0.01 defined as stock to leave on Z,and Clearance of Z set to 0, technically a .01 crash. Set Z clearance to 0.01+ to get rid or warning.