Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Supressing Rotary Output

OK, lets see if I can explain my situation.. :help: lol

One of our programmers creates his programs so that all of his operations are in one file and use different views based on the different operations, he does it this way so he can use one file to make a complete part and have the last operation create the stock for the next.

Since we are moving to X7 soon I have been asked to get our posts upgraded / sorted out for X7 .. and this is really not a problem, however because of the way he posts out his code.. the post sees his non rotary operations as rotary operations since they are assigned to views other than the standard top view.

In the past he has used two posts, one thats setup for only 3 axis output and wont post A Zero moves regardless what view its used in, he uses this on the non-rotary operations, and a 4 Axis post that he uses for any actual rotary operations so he gets the rotational indexing as reqd.

For the record, the 4th Axis post does supress output for non rotary operations if they are in the top view, however its posting A0 moves on toolchanges which is no good since we typically run the non rotary operations in our machines without rotaries which means the A0 calls trip an alarm.

Since im upgrading posts I was thinking it would be nice to not have to recreate / update / maintain basically twice as many posts just so he can have three axis posts to supress rotary output.

I had considered using a Misc Int to supress the rotary output but didn't want the programmer to put it into every non rotary op.

I was also wondering if it might be possible to supress it based on view name (if view name is able to be gotten from the NCI ugh)

Maybe jsut having a 3 and a 4 axis post is the best option.. anyhow.. im just looking for suggestions since I know there are plenty of people here that are far better with posts than I am.

Any suggestions / help you can provide would be greatly appreciated ..

Yeah, that worked.. In fact he posted it without changing anything to show me how it wouldnt work .. and it worked .. he actually had the views for everything setup correctly but since his posts didnt work in the past .. about 2 years ago in X3 or X4 .. he just assumed the newer posts we had wouldnt work and had never tried it.. im gonna go strangle him now.. lol

Thanks for the help.. at least it made me force him to try it and got the facts out in the open.. and better still I solved my problem without doing any extra work ..