Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

RunMastercamCommand Doing my Head in.

Why is it that commands in the mastercam.ft file only work when the Function call does not contain the word UICALLBACK.

RunMastercamCommand "DoPattern" 'Works fine.

RunMastercamCommand "DoDraft_Note" 'Does not work.

This applies to anything where the UICALLBACK Does or does not appear.

I know i must be missing something basic but it now has me going in circles, also, using cimco as a basic vbs editor.

Thanks for the reply, What i have done so far is collect a list of toolpath group names, sent them to a text file as a list of names. From there i was going to load the file into the notes box then lay them over a grid of boxes with a second set of empty boxes next to them. This will enable (when printed out) operators to tick against the tool groups they have run so nothing gets missed for the kit.

FWIW, I would be very interested in being able to store text, and even MORE interested in being able to read text, back out.

see This Thread

Rocheey1,

I have a working prototype of an Access database that allows the user to open a dialog with the Project Data entry. It stores information in the database based on Customer P/N so there can be multiple MCX and NC files listed under each P/N. I'm also working on a stripped down version that does not use a database but a .csv file for each NC file written that stores Customer info plus NC rev number.

The data is not saved in the MCX but to an external file. I've got a small fortune wrapped up in this and have some help getting it to market. The intent being to offer to the small guys that don't need a PLM or MRP system but need document control and basic project information stored.

-Pat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MTB Technical Services

Rocheey1,

I have a working prototype of an Access database that allows the user to open a dialog with the Project Data entry. It stores information in the database based on Customer P/N so there can be multiple MCX and NC files listed under each P/N. I'm also working on a stripped down version that does not use a database but a .csv file for each NC file written that stores Customer info plus NC rev number.

The data is not saved in the MCX but to an external file. I've got a small fortune wrapped up in this and have some help getting it to market. The intent being to offer to the small guys that don't need a PLM or MRP system but need document control and basic project information stored.

-Pat

Pat, Keep me in the loop on this and let me know when it's ready for release.