Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Manual Interrupt using Edit Key

This is an odd question I have been trying to solve as of late. For many years working in machine shops on Fanuc controls (6s thru 18 T an M) I have been able to jump around the program while in memory by going into edit mode, typing in what I wanted to find, such as T10, G58, etc hit cursor dwn then upon finding the desired info go back into memory, press cycle start and resume machining. Very useful if you are tapping 100 holes and your tap breaks 20 holes into a run. Getting to the point, I am now working with a CNC router with a Fanuc 160i MA control and do not have this ability whatsoever. Does anyone know how to get the controller to behave as I have described? Is this a parameter thing? A Ladder Logic thing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the parameter manual and the area you are referring to is the parameters of displaying operation time and number of parts (4.48) and page 288 falls under parameters of rigid tapping(4.27) so I am a bit confused as to why any of those parameters would affect what I am trying to resolve.

The XX0i Controls are the PC Based Open CNC. They have PC front ends and typical FANUC under the hood.

Things are a little different on those. Ypu'll need to use SRH and the direction you want to search for or use GOTOxx.

In response to James, I do have the ability to search by sequence number. That is not a problem. It seems as if the controllers I worked with had edit capabilities tied to the memory mode somehow. In response to within a thou, I will double check that link.