Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ability to set M198 OPE Folder path in program...(31i)

Niezingerly

I have a "main" program, that does things like call in the pallet, do some probing, etc., before the actual code is called up.

This "Main" program then calls up the cnc program to actually cut the part.

This is why I am using M198.

Also, I am separating my different jobs into different folders, on the Dataserver.

At times, I need to run a job, say at night, and then I want to run another job, right after it, at night.

No one is here to hit "M198 OPE FOLDER"

I want to map the path, using code (cnc, M code, macro, whatever), so that I can run jobs consecutively, but still have them divided into separate folders...

Anyhow, I am certain to 99% of the world, that seems nuts, but it's the reality here...

Thanks.

I do this sort of thing on a regular basis as well. I will be running production jobs on the horizontal mill in a looping program with different jobs on each side of the pallet. These are repeat jobs so they are in different folders on the data server so it doesn't work very well with M198. What I do is copy all applicable programs into another folder "misc machining" and direct the M198 folder to that directory. If there is a way to set the folder with a macro or variable within the programs that would be great.

Card is DEFINITELY not searchable. I don't believe you can even read a file into CNCMEM/Dataserver from a folder on the card. Folders are a relatively tricky thing when they are not in CNCMEM.

MACRO; intriguing but I have no clue even where to start down that path.

Now, what if you named your programs instead of using Oxxxx, you could then keep things a little more orderly for example se below. Not ideal, I get that, but it is a bit cleaner. :)

%

<MAIN_PROGRAM>(YEP YOU CAN DO THAT)

M198<0123456789_0123456789_0123456789>

M30

%

%

<0123456789_0123456789_0123456789>(32 ALPHA-NUMERIC CHARACTERS FOR A PROGRAM NAME IS PRETTY HELPFUL)

G4X10

M99

%

Here is my basic structure:

O8005 (M198 Master)

G53

#500=1 (pallet assignment)

M557 (pallet verify) - if the specified pallet is not loaded it will initiate a pallet change.

M84 (alarms if incorrect pallet is in the machine)

(pallet 1)

G53

M198 P10

/2 M0

G53

M198 P20

/2 M0

M60

G53

#500=2

M557

M95 (pallet 2 verify)

(pallet 2)

G53

G90 G10 L2 P1 B0.0

M198 P30

/2 M0

G53

G90 G10 L2 P1 B180.

M198 P30

/2 M0

/5 M30

M99

This is in cnc memory and for a new job I just change the M198 directory and the program numbers to be run. The work offsets are set in the programs (G90 G10 L2 P1, etc...) and if I am running the same parts on multiple sides of the tombstone I will add the B offset portion of the G10 command in the M198 master program as shown for pallet 2. There are probably a few fail safes I am missing and it is very robust as far as making sure the correct pallet is always in the machine and verified. /2 M0 is used for the first run through so it stops at the end of every program and the /5 M30 is for breaking out of the M99 loop so the machine can power down at the end of the day when everyone is gone and the lights are out.

James, yeah, we do name them with more understandable names, there are just a few lengthy reasons I still want to use folders...

Once I am the macro guru, then, well I guess I could attempt to figure out a macro to do this...That will be a while....Pesky customers wanting their jobs done, on time, they just make what could be fun into, well, WORK!

Bob, thanks for that info...My brain right now is just not firing right, need more coffee, and then I am gonna sit and study what you have there...Looks very nice...

Thanks to all....

• 3 years later...