Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma Mac Turn 30 system disk 7/7 missing

We just brought in a used 2000 Macturn30. When it set down, the Memory drive was bad. After installation of the new drive, we re-installed the system using the included system disks. However, we only have 1/7, 2/7, 3/7, 4/7, 5/7, 6/7. There is no disk 7/7. We hoped that was for features our machine doesn't have. But after installation, it's alarm calls for files that would be on that disk 7/7.

The previous owner says he doesn't have any lost disks there.

Is it possible to borrow disk 7/7 from another MacTurn 30? We have all the parameters intact. We're just missing those specific files on disk 7.

I'd hate to have to buy the new software suite for a couple files.

Any ideas?

i have disks for that era mac turn 30.

from what i understand with Okumas, there are machine to machine differences. Weirdly each is it's own animal which makes machine-specific software extremely valuable. I could understand differences in calibration tables to account for physical differences in geometry, but there could be more to it(?)

perhaps my disk can get you functioning and working through other bugs while you wait on the factory.