Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Start Up Crash

WoodyT

In an attempt to start MasterCAM x6 HLE about a week ago after not having used it for a month, the program crashed when it read "Reading key mapping file." I looked online, found others had luck with uninstalling, cleaning out .NET framework and the registry and then reinstalling, but this didn't solve the problem. Not sure what to do, I contacted eapprentice (provides online MasterCAM courses), but they were just as stumped as I was.

So they gave me a link to x7 HLE. With high hopes, I cleaned out x6 and started up x7, only to encounter another crash when it reads "Running command line commands." So I go to MasterCAM support. Over the past two days I've spent a couple of hours working with one of their tech reps (who has been great), but now the both of us are stuck.

So I come to all of you. Has anyone encountered a similar error or have suggestions?

Things I've already tried:

• Uninstall reinstall
  • Registry cleaning
  • .NET framework cleanout and reinstall
  • Reinstall to a new drive location
  • Disabling all antivirus features
  • Installing Windows updates
  • Uninstalling most software installed since it last work (save a couple games and some Adobe software).
  • General disk cleanup (through CCleaner and Revo Uninstaller)

Thanks