Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 - How do I make my lathe the default lathe?

Mickey@acceltool

[DEFAULT MACHINES]

25000. Mill Machine Definition? P:\ACCELERATED TOOLING\MCAM-X7\POSTS AND MACHINE CONFIGS\DOOSAN.MMD-7

25001. Lathe Machine Definition? P:\Accelerated Tooling\MCAM-X7\POSTS AND MACHINE CONFIGS\LATHE\BACKUP.

25002. Router Machine Definition? <APP_DIR_SHARED>CNC_Machines\ROUTER DEFAULT.RMD-7

25003. Wire Machine Definition? <APP_DIR_SHARED>CNC_Machines\WIRE DEFAULT.WMD-7

The 25001 line was the issue here. If this line is set to something other than a "LMD-7" file then Mastercam will not see any X7 lathe machine definitions. I would have recommended you manually modify it "DEFAULT.LMD-7" and then go back into the Configuration Dialog and select your machine definition. Unfortunatly it sounds like your config file is now hosed and is keeping Mastercam from starting. In this case just delete mcamx.config and restart Mastercam. A default config file will be created and then you can setup your software from scratch.

As a side note, it looks like you have your Machine Defs on a network drive. Because of the nature of the machine definitions and how they call the control and post files it is not recommended to just copy the files to the network drive. The definition files must be remapped in order to be able to find each other appropriately. Now it can work without remapping and frequently does, however users will experience odd behavior that makes them think the software has a bug when in reality it is the machine files that are incorrectly setup.

My recommendation is to move the entire "shared mcamx" directory to the network location then set the Shared Files location in the System Configuration to this network location on each client computer. Since X7 all of the settings use variable locations that make this setup work seamlessly.