Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpathing a 3d part help!!!!

lawrence walicki

Hmmm. Cool looking part. The color appears to be dull because of Zig Zag cut. Try one way climb. As for the tiny nicks. Tighten your tool path tolerance and use a smaller tool. Try using the arc filter to achieve smoother motion. You may have to use a different tool path strategy in this area to eliminate the nicks.

I've had problems with Raster in the past. http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=33276&hl=raster

Another option: http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=36121&hl=raster

Thank you for the tip, I have the arc filter activated and set, I just read your other post you suggested and I too had the tolerance set extremely low, .0001. How would I use a different tool path strategy? Create a boundary with lines and contain that area when I try a different tool path? Any suggestions as to what other tool paths could be used? I was also told a ball cutter shouldn't be used to cut flat surfaces and I should tilt the part slightly so it uses the radius and/or the side of the cutter.... I've been using Mastercam for about 4 months and am addicted lol