Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 and Imported Operations

Dizcharge

Have been having trouble with X7 when I import operations. I end up getting duplicate tool numbers. We start with a carousel that is standard with 11 out of 20 tools. Any new tools will be added after number 11 and go up. After an import I will have 2 #4 and 2 #5 and so on tools. I use the option

to assign tool number sequentially, and I have no problems in X6. Anyone else experience this problem?

Yes, I am as well. This problem showed up at X7. I have not found a solution. I had a rather extensive library of operations that I would use over and over. The tools would always start at 1 and increase sequentially as I added new ones. That is no longer the case. I am also have trouble with the old method of handling the coolant page. In the past the coolant condition (on/off) of the imported op would remain as it was. That is no longer the case. The default seems to be off and It seems to toggle back to off even after I do blanket change of all operations. This change back would occur if I reopened the parameter tab to make some other change. I must say I am not very impressed with the "upgrade" to X7.

:thumbdown:

I added a test plan to the defect report (D-08687) that includes expected results for all four combinations of the sequential tool numbering and duplicate tool checking options (off-off, off-on, on-on, and on-off). I wanted to incorporate both of these into the same report because the fix really has to take both into account to be valid. Here is a link to the thread I replied to earlier for reference.

• 3 months later...