Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas UMC-750 General Questions

Josh,

I apologize it has taken me so long to answer your question. So far we are really happy with the Haas UMC-750. We are only using it to cut aluminum. We have Mitsui, Makino, and Kitamura to machine harder materials. We also added the 12,000 RPM spindle and a few other bells and whistles that increased the base price a little. For 5-axis aluminum work this is a very good machine for the price. I can't say how it will do with steel because we don't plan on using it for that purpose but I suspect the results would be poor compared to our other machines. In my opinion this machine is what it is a very good bargain for doing 5-axis aluminum work.

All,

At first I thought the UMC-750 was meant for AL t6061 only...but it was pretty damn good at cutting harder material... all sst , Titanium, only must use " Dynamic" motion with a bout 3-5 percent step over, full LOC... cut titanium with full 5 morph between 2 surfaces, using TCPC with no problem... just be cautious when using full 5 with TCPC.. you might have to create a entry geometry ... to fool the machine TCPC...

well, overall... UMC-750 is great for that kind of price.. couldn't ask for more...

still a lot to learn... the other day,, ran the Probe zero check.. everything was good... manually check the y-offset was off .0015,,, so we adjusted the 1307 parameter and no more problem... same with the z-offset.. have to manually check right after probe...and adjust 1308 parameter..

Nguyen..