Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bearing fits & positional tolerances

Zbuilder

Does anyone here have experience reading German prints for bearing races? I'm not familiar with a True Positional tolerance with a CZ marking and there's another dimension that is for the ID with " (mp) " after the tolerance & lastly, the ID & OD edges are marked -0.45 -0.75 with the -0.45 over the -0.75 and there is a vertical line & horizontal line drawn to show a corner. The print states Tolerance per ISO 8015 which we do have but it's doesn't pertain to my questions. See attached print.

Thanks

Bearing race.pdf

looking into it .. CZ is a common zone modifier .. http://g-tol.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-post-since-november-it-has-been.html

from that page.. "This is placed in a geometrical tolerance frame to indicate that two or more features have to satisfy the requirements of a single tolerance zone."

The way I read that.. all 14 holes must fall within one true position zone of .09 to each other .. while maintaining the distance from the face of the part to the edge of the hole that is 3.13 +/- .07

So essentially the absolute farthest any two holes can be away from one another would be .045 .. while maintaining the 3.13 +/-.07

As for the other thing.. i'm leaning toward it defining an edge break but that's a guess since I haven't seen anything like it before..