Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

just something cool we did in class the other night

cherokeechief79

in voc school the other night we tried something i read about online a few weeks ago.(maybe all of you know this already but i didnt!) we programmed this in a very simple fashon on the haas controller by hand.we bored out a pc of aluminum .062 under 2in.this plate was .5 thk and we bored it thru.then we took a solid 16 pitch threadmill that was around .5 dia and about 1.2 loc.we went as far as we could down into the hole then comped out to 2 inch dia and programmed the threadmill to rise .0625

for one revolution.,then came back to the center and we got a 2 in dia 16 pitch thread.

then we did it again and rose .1875 in one revolution and we got a 16 thread with 3 leads.

then we tried it again but came up .375 and we got 6 leads!

it didnt seem possible to me that there was enough clearance on the threadmill to do this quick of a rise but i bet we could have done a 10 lead too.

for each one we also made a male thread to test it ,the only thing is that rising .375 in one rvolution forced us to have a wide undercut at the bottom of the male thread.

• 4 weeks later...