Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam X7 Name window disappearing

Sebalj1125

in mastercam 7 mill leve3

when i go to start my toolpath process clicking on toolpath the name window pops up and disaprears into the top left corner of the screen

hitting excape brings up the toolpath window but not the name. Any one else having this same isssue? Do not know if it is related to video card or MasterCam X7 itself.

I had a similar issue. Any time i selected anything from the menu bar the screen would flash and the dialogue box would never show up. It ended up being the driver for the graphics card. Once I rolled back the driver, everything started working just fine.

+1

I had a similar issue. Any time i selected anything from the menu bar the screen would flash and the dialogue box would never show up. It ended up being the driver for the graphics card. Once I rolled back the driver, everything started working just fine.

I can confirm that this resolved the issue on an install for me as well. It was an Nvidia Quadro card and we installed an older driver. No problems after that. Another option would be to "Disable Hardware Acceleration" in the Configuration Settings > Screen. You could also turn off the prompt for the NC File in the Configuration Settings > Toolpath Manager.

Hi guys, We just recently received a report of this happening to another user. It's turned out to be caused by mistakenly enabling the N'Vidia n'View Desktop Manager. The manager allows you to configure multiple screens, desktops, and define application window sizes and locations. If this get's enabled and not configured correctly it can produce some very unexpected results with application windows....as I think you've found. Simply disabling it resolves the issue which is why installing a new or older driver does the trick here since you basically disabled the option.