Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help with bar pulling on a Doosan 2000SY

I have recently purchase a use Doosan 2000SY with a Fanuc 21iT control.

I haven't been able to figure out how to pull a bar. My bar puller is coolant actuated.

The manual says to do an M31 before unclamping the main spindle with M69.

I watch the process but it times out after the M69. On the control it is still showing the FIN prompt. The time out alarm is 2036 which says to check Position Switches, solenoid valve and operation condition.

I have checked the position switches in the ladder diagram and they are showing activation there. The chuck is unclamping, so I don't think it would be the solenoid.

I don't have a problem with our Daewoo Lynx 200, but it does not have the proximity switches.

I think I am missing the correct sequence for this machine.

Any help is appreciated.

Clarence

Is the close switch off AND the open switch being illuminated on the cylinder? I would just disable the chuck open close confirmation. I believe it is a keep relay. Look in the blue book. that is what we've done on all our Doosans. It is more hassle than it's worth unless you are using chucking with automation IMO.

Mike

Thank you Mike

I was wondering if you can do that since I don't have the switches on the other lathe.

No, I am not using chucking with automation.

I did get a small blue book with some disks. I haven't looked at it closely. I got a series of white books, operations manual, ladder diagram, and another one that I can't remember currently.

I have never done anything with the keep relays, would you know the procedures, or point me in the direction where I can learn more.

Kind regards.

Clarence