Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe boring & int. grooving issues

newbie70

Going to need a lot more information than you can't do it. Some screen shots or a sample file will do a wonder of good. Posting up I can't get it to work is admitting defeat. Putting up specific questions about a certain process and what are the steps you tried and failed at will help, but most of all something you have done like a file that someone can then help you see what you did wrong will help the most. Sorry I am not good and being blindfolded and asked to throw darts at the dart board. I hit it sometimes, but very very rarely do I hit the bulls eye even without the blindfold. The closer I can get to the board the better my chances are to hit the bulls eye same thing here. The more information you can provide the easier someone can help you with your specific problem.

Crazy^Millan

Well I I browsed the forums dating back 2012 and found the solution to boring in lathe.

I was having problem with boring and the holder was always showing crashed. So I went with Brendan's suggestion back in 2012

I did the boring profile, drilled and endmilled to flatten out the back face of the bore. Then I deleted the drill line from the center (Axis)

to the size of the drill which would then make closed profile between ID and the size of the drill.

Choose lathe rough boring and chain from the ID to back face. Choose boring holder and finish rough boring. Verify by running all steps including

center drill, drill, endmill and rough boring. Choose Toolpath, select lathe finish follow the same procedure as rough boring. It works

without crashing. Finally, select face tool and face it off to finish the program.

Thks Brendan