Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

!HELP PLEASE...!

Lathe-Mill

Hi Carlos,

To use rotary feeding I would break up the surfaces into ones that the tool would stay stationary while the axis feeds and do the remainder afterwards conventional 3axis surfacing,

I sent a file 22904-06-1 to the FTP which rotary feeds about 3/4 of the outer profile. If you post this (Mpfan with rotonx on) you will see a lot of intermediate rotary positions but I would just edit them out of the NC file leaving the rotary endpoints. Good Luck!

Jim

T@T@LO,

I have looked at your original file and I have a suggestion to use only two Transform-Rotate toolpaths. If the angle between the surfaced slots on the face end of the part is exactly 90 degrees between 4 of them, you can eliminate at least 2 of the Rotate toolpaths. I've drawn a couple of lines on the side plane and analyzed the angles and they appear to be symmetrical. If that's correct, keep the first Rotate toolpath as it is. Then alter the parameters of the second Rotate toolpath to transform the first Rotate toolpath around the Origin of the Side view, 3 more times, starting at 90 degrees with a rotation angle of 90. This will copy the first rotated toolpath from the 45 degree angle 3 more times at 90 degrees each. That will eliminate the need for the remaining two Rotate toolpaths and you can delete them from the operations manager. I've uploaded the file named 22904-06_sfa.mc9 to the folder on the FTP. HTH biggrin.gif

[ 10-24-2003, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

T@T@LO,

The 5 axis toolpath that Jim suggested will work, but only for surfaces. You would have to create surfaces from the solid part. That is easily accomplished by selecting Create-Surfaces-Next menu-From Solids. Roughing and finishing if you don't have the 4th-axis output capability would require a couple of separate set-ups where the tool is cutting from the TOP plane. You would have to find a way to rotate the part so it could be roughed and finished on the side that wasn't touched with the first set of surface toolpaths. Surface-Rough-Parallel or Flowline would most likely produce the best roughing cuts on your part. For finishing I would use Surface-Finish-Project-Blend for 3-D work or the toolpath which Jim suggested for the 4th axis output. HTH cheers.gif