Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File properties? just looking for file stats somewhere...

goooose

I might create a second post in the chook section because this might be more relevant there...but anyways...

Im looking to be able to pull some simple stats from a mastercam file. Such as original creation date, user name that created it etc. I know if i look at the file I have on my machine windows will tell me when I created it, but if someone sends me a file I want to know when that was originally created...not the copy on my hard drive. I think Ive also read in the chook forum that you can access the times at which all entities where created as well..? I would find this usefull as well. 

If i dont get any hits I will repost in chook forum.

Thanks guys

The 'properties' does not seem to carry and real history with it. eg if I create and save a file at 1:00pm and then do a 'save as' at 1:02 there will be no history of the original 1:00 file creation.

I will try the software guys in the chook seciton.

The 'properties' does not seem to carry and real history with it. eg if I create and save a file at 1:00pm and then do a 'save as' at 1:02 there will be no history of the original 1:00 file creation.

I will try the software guys in the chook seciton.

That's odd. Mine keeps history to the date of creation, even after a year.

post-52560-0-97017900-1407842770_thumb.jpg

Ah ha, here we go: If you select an entity and do Analyze > Database, it will tell you when that entity was created. Even in a freshly made copy, it retains that information. It will also go back multiple generations of mastercam.

Granted, this is entity based, and not the creation of the whole file, but it's something.

• Like 1

Ah ha, here we go: If you select an entity and do Analyze > Database, it will tell you when that entity was created. Even in a freshly made copy, it retains that information. It will also go back multiple generations of mastercam.

Granted, this is entity based, and not the creation of the whole file, but it's something.

That's perfect right there!

Thank you very much.