Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Machine simulation

Loader

Hi all,

now we finally get our 1st 5axis mill made by Haas and i wonder about machine simulation.
Is it machine simulation somehow connected to postprocesor? Even if i use machsim for simulation on rotary axis (4 axis VF2), it doesnt show the rapid motion and rotary motion.
Now, when i ordered a post for the UMC750, the dealer contacted me and offered me another service with "machsim" and post connection.

With new machine i got nice .stl model of the machine and its working (3axis milling).

Does it is connected to each other? Since now i have been using Cimco for nc files editing, but it doesnt support 5axis milling. To say truth, i do not believe to this dealer and i think he only want to get some extra cash.

Can anyone confirm me, it really work like that?

Thank you very much

Yes, it really does work like that.

When you run MachSim in Mastercam, it normally uses the output from the generic toolpaths in your operations manager. When a Reseller integrates MachSim output from your post processor, you will see all of the retract and rotary moves, just like you will see on the actual machine.

The only thing you won't be able to simulate is machine options that are M-Code or G-Code driven, unless you can describe the exact sequence of motions that M-Code provides. If you have that information, then your post should be able to drive the MachSim output.