Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using reference point in contour parameters

david

I have been fortunate enough to run one of our Okuma VMC for the past 2 weeks or so and I have been able to do a little bit of tweeking to our post processor to make very little editing after the post. One problem I haven't been able to fix is when I select refence point for the tool on a contour, at the end of that toolpath it goes up in Z and across in X and Y but the M9 for the coolant off isnt read until it reaches the reference point. I would like for the M9 to be read when it reads the Z refernce point. I have looked up and down in the post processor file to find where it gets this information, but with no luck. When a drill cycle runs, the coolant is turned off at the right time. Could someone tell me where to look for the line of information I need? I am using version 7 with a post that has been modified by Mastercam when our company became a customer.

Granted, the worst that is happening is that coolant is running in mid air for a very short time, from the end of the toolpath to the reference point, but it would be a little less messy and be a little more professional looking when a customer happens to be looking at the operation while it is running. I am trying to make our post processor almost edit free.

Thanks for any advice,

David

Hi David,

I looked at my Fanuc based post that I modified for Ver 7 and copied the code that turns off the coolant. Maybe this will help.

ptoolend_t #End of tool path, toolchange

pbld, n, scoolant, e

pbld, n, sccomp, "M5", e

I can't get the code to look like it does in the post, but look for "ptoolend_t"

BerTau

[This message has been edited by BerTau (edited 03-27-2001).]

Thanks for your help, BerTau. I searched for toolend in our post but nothing like it existed. I got to looking and at the toolchange section and the end of program section, the *zh, *xh and *yh lines had been disabled with a #. I removed the # and now the nc program has what I want.

Thanks,

David