Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing or updating tool db files to X8 from X7

cnclkm

I have been away from the CNC for 7 months and have returned to X8. All my old tool libraries are now empty when I try and use them in X8 and migrating them seems to do nothing. I have been using the db version as opposed to X7 library as it was recommended as the better way by In-House Solutions. Is there a method to updating the tool library from previous versions of X? I would really like to use my libraries again as they were fairly comprehensive and had accurate feeds and speeds.

Any help would be great. Anyone else have this issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Several ways to do it. I usually just start Mastercam, no file loaded, load a mill machine def. Go into toolpaths, tool manager, screen view, MCX at top, Select library to convert at the bottom. Select all and drag all tools from library below into the MCX above. Then below switch to a new library (create a new file name), drag from above to the new file below.