Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to put an origin point on the corner of a stock model?

Juicy Wiggle

I was machining a part and the part moved considerably.  I have created a stock model for the toolpath that was running when said incident happened.  My question is, is there a way to create curves or something on the stock model so I can attach the origin point to existing material?  Any help on how to create geometry on the stock model or any other solution would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you

Cheers!!

Yes, there is a way to do it.

Select the Stock Model in the Ops Manager, Right-Click > Mill Toolpaths > Export Stock Model as STL.

Make sure you change the file type to "STL" and set the tolerance in "options".

After you have saved the Stock Model as a STL file, set your main level to an empty level.

Then use File > Merge pattern. Set the file filter to *.STL files, and browse to the "my mcamx_\data" folder. Before you hit "open", make sure you set the "options" to "Import as lines".

That will import a ton of lines that make the triangle patches for the STL file. You can then use the lines to set an origin, then regenerate your toolpaths.

Hope that helps,

Colin

• Like 1