Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

swept surface question

Parrish80

Wondering what would be the best way to create this surface. Is it possible to do this with swept? I have tried numerous times, but not getting the result I'm looking for.

The only way I could get it to work was to break all of the geometry down and make individual surfaces.

Any help is much appreciated. Using X6.

TIA

555.MCX-6

• Like 1

Wondering what would be the best way to create this surface. Is it possible to do this with swept? I have tried numerous times, but not getting the result I'm looking for.

The only way I could get it to work was to break all of the geometry down and make individual surfaces.

Any help is much appreciated. Using X6.

TIA

attachicon.gif555.MCX-6

You have to sync your chains together and then it will work. Break the top and bottom chains at your match lines ( blue lines) and use sync by branch. Make sure you start your chains at the same match line. I tried it with loft and looked good but swept should work as well.

• Like 1

You have to sync your chains together and then it will work. Break the top and bottom chains at your match lines ( blue lines) and use sync by branch. Make sure you start your chains at the same match line. I tried it with loft and looked good but swept should work as well.

Thanks for that explanation. Got it on the first try.