Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Thru Tool Coolant Filter

Has anyone had to replace the coolant filter in high pressure through tool coolant systems on Mazak's? These filters are fine metal meshes and cleanable with solvent and compressed air. We've got a Mazak user who claims the filter on the machine he uses is beyond cleaning and needs to be replaced. I got a quote for a new one from Mazak. $1813.21 :crazy:

After web search for the mfr part number, I found aftermarket replacements for 10% of the price what Mazak wants. But I question the quality and life span of non OEM products. 

I also question the idea the filter is clogged beyond cleaning, to begin with.

Anyone with experience with this?

Those stainless element filters suck. What brand are they? Kyodo or something? The availability of that stuff in NA is not so good, but those filters are still actually only $200 or so a pop. Try www.rasmachinetool.com if you know the manufacturer of the filter.

Otherwise I would but a new filter head and filters from someone like Ingersoll so that you can buy filters for $200 or less.

Brand is Taisei Kogyo. Found a couple NA distributors on their site, I'll start there. Over $1800 for one of those filters is beyond ridiculous. I'm  not opposed to things being marked up, but dayum, do you really need to take a luxury cruise every time you sell a filter?! Thank you very much!

Brand is Taisei Kogyo. Found a couple NA distributors on their site, I'll start there. Over $1800 for one of those filters is beyond ridiculous. I'm  not opposed to things being marked up, but dayum, do you really need to take a luxury cruise every time you sell a filter?! Thank you very much!

Pretty standard for Mazak, their part prices on pretty much everything are out of this world. The sub spindle way covers on my little mazak lathe (which are actually made by Hennig), Mazak quotes me over $6000, we bought direct from Hennig for around $600-700.

Pretty sure I got these from RASmachinetool

post-40824-0-27414100-1424987046_thumb.jpg