Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Translate part in Z

sgarner

I have a very long program that I need to translate down in Z 1.5 inches. This is no problem to translate the geometry, but is there any way to change the Z heights in the Linking Parameters screen.

It will be a real pain in the rear to have to go into 330 operations and change the Z heights for each one. There has to be a better way!!!

post-40612-0-94880900-1425078346_thumb.jpg

If you use incremental values in your linking parameters then all you have to do is translate the geometry and your done all the linking parameters will change relative to the geometry.

But I you used absolute then you'll have to change them manually.  You can use Oscar R approach if you want them all the same value but likely not.

If they are many drifferent values the you can still mass edit using common parameters but you'll still have to choose the operations with matching values.

I would suggest getting used to using incremental values in the linking parameters to avoid this in the future. Sorry but That's the best I can come up with.

I wish you could change selected values relative to the current values. Then this would work.

This would work if you did it with incremental values as Dave Allen mentioned above. I overlooked this in your image file.

You do have to be careful with that though. If I remember correctly, some toolpaths do not allow you to enter incremental values.

Be careful with using incremental clearance values with 2D paths drills, contour, pockets etc. A .250 incremental clearance retract could actually be a .750  absolute value from the bottom of your work piece and then you will have a tool crash and a scrapped block.