Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

STOCK FLIPPING & TOOL NUMBERS

Ron_Roy

Hello All,

I have just used the STOCK FLIP function in Lathe 9.1 and have had an unusual problem. After flipping I tried to face the part with a tool I had used earlier in the original position

(Pre-Flip). The original tool information had : Tool# = 2

Station# = 2

Offset# = 2

But after the flip the same tool info was:

Tool# = 0

Station# = 2

Offset# =0

If I changed the 0's back to 2's the tool crashed during tool path generation. But if I left the Tool# & Offset# as 0 the facing operation worked fine(?)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ron

confused.gif

I'm not so sure that the stock flip is responsible for this. Every so often one of my tools decides that it wants to be T00 instead of T08 or whatever. I don't really understand this but usually if I reset the operation parameters from scratch it is OK. Make sure that the rest of the op parameters are right, this may be causing the crash.

Anybody else seen this?

C

Edit/

If you want, email me your file and I'll look at it with you

/Edit

[ 11-07-2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

This happen to me when a do stock advance

and some times a create a duplicated tool.

when I do a stock flip I set the value of the over all lenght in the trasferred position (negative value)

and check in the construction and the tool origin with value of zero

Hope this help

• 1 year later...

Chao,

Yes, stock flip works (except in verify) for me also. In verify the part indexes, the jaws "close", but do not move/shift in Z. The Stock/Chuck boundry lines move where they are supposed to in the geometry view though.

Update stock is active and all the Operations appear to be intact. Everything backplots and verifies correctly.

It seems to be the tool that was used just before the stock flip that is changed.

FOUND IT!

Well I found when it happens....

It happens if you go back in to the parameters for the Stock Flip Operation and make an adjustment to the Final Postion coordinates, click OK, then regen the operation. My T0202 changed to T0002 in the two previous Ops. once the regen completed.