Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

data logging utility

We recently had an issue where an operator had a huge crash.  The night operator is blaming the day guy of sabotage and vice versa.  I know we can go ahead and solve this issue using macros to auto imput/verify offsets before the program runs.

One of the supervisors mentioned that the fanuc 31i control has the ability to log offsets entries, run data, key presses, etc etc.  Has anyone seen this?  I can see this might be possible with FOCAS and a computer logging the data, but does the 31i control have native data logging abilities built in?

I have that option running on all my Okuma's. I do remember seeing something similar on a Fanuc...not sure what version though.  

The key logger has definitely eliminated any questions/denying once I print it out and rip off the time stamp/error etc.   In my opinion its sad that we even need to use the logger to get to the real story!

I remember when I was first hired my boss pulled me in close, looked me in the eye and said, "Boy, if you crash a tool or screw up a part don't lie to me or try and hide your mistakes, be honest and own it." I also remember we used to have a wall where spectacularly broken tools would go. (The tools we use are about $1200 apiece) He said to me, "If you break a tool, it goes up here on the wall. But if you break one of my machines, I am hanging you on the wall." I have smashed a few tools in my day...but I have yet to break a machine :D

thanks for the replies guys

it would be nice if everyone owned up to what they did, but unfortunately because we have multiple shifts, we're playing the blame game.  Night shift guy blames day shift for sabotage.  To my knowlendge fanuc doesn't have any logging ablilties within the machine itself.  The ones with focas can output that info if theres a computer logging it, but thats just my understanding of focas.  I haven't actually gotten the chance to play with it hands on.  

Guest MTB Technical Services

You can check the history.

No options required.

A key log history is present with time stamps on a 31i-A5 by default.

Showed that feature to a customer last week.

It's the first thing that gets checked when there is a problem.

You can check the history.

No options required.

A key log history is present with time stamps on a 31i-A5 by default.

Showed that feature to a customer last week.

It's the first thing that gets checked when there is a problem.

This is the first place I check when one of the guys in my area has a issue. And yes Parameter 3195.