Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Extrude to a sphere?

Scott Lent

I’ve been using Mastercam for about 9 months now and I’m relatively new to solid modeling. I’ve had good success creating most models I’ve needed to, but the geometry in the example I’ve attached has me stumped. This is also my first post to the forum, so hopefully, I've done it correctly.

I’m attempting to draw a butterfly disk, the extents of which are contained within a 4.0” sphere. To clarify this, I’ve created a sphere on level 3 for illustration purposes only. To create the model, I drew the geometry of the disk portion and created the solid body by revolving that geometry. I then drew the geometry of the boss and cross hole, of which the centers of both pass through the center of the sphere at 15 degrees. When I extrude the boss, I can’t figure out how to extend it to terminate at (and become part of) the 4.0” sphere, nor can I figure out how to trim it back to the sphere if I intentionally make the boss long, as I did in the example. Any help would be most appreciated. EXAMPLE.MCX-7

• Like 1