Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th Axis Limit

Mick

Hi there,

I'm working through a problem with a customer. They're using Axis substitution, to machine an auger. The toolpath back plots ok, but when it posts the A output has very high values, up to A6205.23. It appears their machine doesn't like A output greater than 360 degrees. Is there a way for the post, or indeed Mastercam, to break the moves along this contour so there is no A output greater than 360 degrees? Somehow the contour needs to be broken, because an example move has for example A4317.305, and on the next line the A value is 5308.228, which is a rotary move of 990.923.

I've uploaded the file in the MC9 folder on the FTP, as ZOOM SCREW.MC9.

Any help would of course be appreciated smile.gif

Regards,

Mick

quote:

Is there a way for the post, or indeed Mastercam, to break the moves along this contour so there is no A output greater than 360 degrees?

Mick,there is.

Look for this line in your post:

one_rev : 1 #Limit rotary indexing between 0 and 360? (0 = No, 1 = Yes)

But I'm not soo sure that this will work for you.

You want that rotary to keep consistantly turning.

I kinda believe if you change this,the rotab will want to "unwind" on you.

At least this is the way it is for us.

I do believe there is a parameter change you can set in the machine control that will allow the accumulative "A" moves.

HTH