Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Robofil 300f EDM Memory card

Hello,

I want to cut with our Robofil 300f fanuc system machine using memory card. But i don't know what type of CF card with adapter should i use. Becouse when i plug transcend industrial grade CF card with adapter to my machine it gives me an errorr. Does anybody use memory cards to cut with EDM?

Hello,

I want to cut with our Robofil 300f fanuc system machine using memory card. But i don't know what type of CF card with adapter should i use. Becouse when i plug transcend industrial grade CF card with adapter to my machine it gives me an errorr. Does anybody use memory cards to cut with EDM?

Yes, I use them. I use the scan disk. Depending on machine I use either the 64 MB for the older machines and use the 1.0 GB for newer machine.

• Like 1

Do i have to format that cf card for fat32 fat or ntfs card system formats? Becouse i uploud NC program file to my transcend industrial grade 64mb card and then i put it to CF card to adapter and then i plug in to my robofil machine trying to save program to machine and it gives me ant "card erorr" 09***** dont remember rightnow the error number any sugestions?

What kind of file you puting to your Cf card? Im uplouding NC file from CiMCo program are you doing same thing? And in my machine when i plug the card and saving program i have to set number 4 thank you for helping me

Only other thing I can think of is your machine may require you to have % at top of program and bottom. You may have to put that in there.

What kind of machine? Charmilles?

Guest MTB Technical Services

Hello,

http://www.mtbtech.net/blog/2012/10/16/High-Capacity-Memory-Card-for-FANUC.aspx

PPA International 1134 PCMCIA to Compact Flash Adapter

http://tinyurl.com/ba6m5y4

SanDsik 4GB Compact Flash Memory Card

http://tinyurl.com/9fnezfr

Only other thing I can think of is your machine may require you to have % at top of program and bottom. You may have to put that in there.

What kind of machine? Charmilles?

Im using Robofil 330F charmilllies with fanuc series 18i-wa i have tryed to put in to my top % of program in nc file and in the botom % comes automatically but when im plug in my card pres save then my machines gives me an error "memory card error 00900"

http://www.mtbtech.net/blog/2012/10/16/High-Capacity-Memory-Card-for-FANUC.aspx

PPA International 1134 PCMCIA to Compact Flash Adapter

http://tinyurl.com/ba6m5y4

SanDsik 4GB Compact Flash Memory Card

http://tinyurl.com/9fnezfr

I have an adapter and im trying with theese cards http://www.digikey.com/catalog/EN/partgroup/compact-flash/34326 atp 512 industrial grade cf , and transcend industrial grade cf 512 mb . i formated thouse two cards to fat system as its shown on link but still geting memory card error 0099

I've seen this before.

Let's double-check a few things.

Check that parameter 20 is set to 4
Check that the edit lock switch is off.
Check to see if parameter 138 exists.

If it does, make sure bit 7 is set to 0. (8 bits total, reading right to left starting at 0)

The "99" alarm is telling you there is a corrupt sector in the memory of the card.

That is probably not the actual problem.

The problem is most likely that the CF card read/write speed is simply too fast for the control.

The specs on your card do indicate a speed faster than anything I have ever used.

Given the vintage of the machine, I'm fairly certain that's the problem.

Try formatting on the control itself.

1. power down
2. put card in
3. power up holding 2 right soft keys down
4. select format card

If that doesn't work, your card is too fast for the control.

Replace the card with the SanDisk Ultra II 15MB/Sec card that I gave you the link to.

The "99" alarm is telling you there is a corrupt sector in the memory of the card.

That may not actually be the problem.

The problem is likely the card itself.

Try formatting on the control itself.

1. power down

2. put card in

3. power up holding 2 right soft keys down

4. select format card

If that doesn't work, replace the card and PCMCIA adapter.

Thank you for helping me , but i am a bit confused do you mean that i have to put my cf card to machine than turn off the machine and later turn it on holding two buttons and than select format ? Can you explain wich keys are "2 right soft keys down"? sorry my english is terrible. thanks again.

The problem is most likely that the CF card read/write speed is simply too fast for the control.

The specs on your card do indicate a speed faster than anything I have ever used.

You probably right becouse we have doosan dnm 500 cnc miling machine and we specialy buyed that card type industrial grade its fast type write read speed maybe its the reason. I need to try normal cf card then. tnx for advice.

One more question maybe you know how to change language on my robofil 330f fanuc ? becouse now its german language in it but sometimes english words apears so im thinking that there must be english language inside. 

Parameter #3280 Bit 0 = 0

Parameter #3281 = 0 For English.

Parameter Write Enable (PWE)

• Press Offset/Setting function key.
  • Press Setting soft key.
  • Move Cursor on Parameter Write line.
  • Select MDI mode.
  • Key in 1.
  • Press Input key (Alarm 100 appears on screen).

Change Desired Parameter

• Press System function key.
  • Press PARAM soft key.
  • Key in desired parameter number to change.
  • Press NO. SRH soft key.
  • Move Cursor to desired bit number (if necessary), and enter new value.
  • Press Input soft key.

Disable Parameter Write Enable (PWE)

• Press Offset/Setting function key.
  • Key in 0.
  • Press Input soft key.
  • Press Reset key to remove alarm.