Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

any thoughts on mastercam tutorials???

biss03

I'm always looking for ways to improve myself on the software. Has anyone used the tutorials (specifically the home learning kit and the design tutorial)? are they advantagous to buy? My main area of concern is with surfaces. I've asked my sales rep about them and of course he says they are beneficial (probably because he would be the one selling them to me), but I thought I would see if any users found them helpful.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

josh bisson

Hi,

Mastercam tutorial book is helful for a beginner only. One of books that I find helpful is Mastercam Version 7, written by Dr. S.C. Jonathon Lin and Dr.F.C. Tony Shiue, published by Scholars International. The other tutorial which installed directly in Mastercam software is to use "Help" function. Everytime when you get stuck on something on Mastercam, just click "Help" button. To get better your on using software is to practice.

The more you practice, the better you are. Believe me, when you do program for a first time, it takes you so long, but when you practise to do it for second or third time (with same program), you will do faster and more efficient way. That's how I learn from Mastercam software. Good luck!

DH