Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Learning to Cut in Mastercam with Solidworks Files

Docman24

Hello guys I am new to this forum and to mastercam just dabbled with it for about 5 hours so I know nothing about it.  I am a Solidworks Certified Professional and am a Mechanical Designer.  The place were I work is thinking about having me run mastercam if I can learn it to cut down on prototyping cost.  So I was wondering if there are books or classes online that I can use that allows me to learn mastercam with the Solidworks files.  I know I need to convert them into step. or para solids to go into mastercam but the book I have has shows how to design parts in mastercam which for me is extremely inefficient.  So I was wondering if there are any books or online classes that I can buy and take that would help me learn how to program with mastercam by first importing the solid from Solidworks to Mastercam.  

Thank you for all your incite and advice.

Peace,

Rob

Hello Rob,

We have 2 books that cover importing geometry files created in other CAD package (including SolidWorks) and then creating toolpaths. The X8 versions of the books can be found here:

http://www.emastercam.com/board/store/product/708-mastercam-x8-cad-import-mill-level-1-toolpaths-tutorial/

http://www.emastercam.com/board/store/product/710-mastercam-x8-cad-import-mill-level-3-toolpaths-tutorial/

Each of the store pages has a free sample PDF you can download to get an idea of what topics are covered in each book and how we approach the material.

• 2 weeks later...