Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 NetHook not working after Win7 update

Has anyone experienced their NetHooks not working after a Windows Update?

I am getting an exception on 2 out of 10 workstations that has been working without issue for months until the last round of Windows 7 updates a couple weeks ago.

On one of the 2 boxes, the Zip2Go won't run but DLL's like FindOverlap will.

On the second box, all of the other DLL's seem to be working but mine, but I didn't check all of them. The other 8 workstations are fine. All are Win7 64-bit but various manufacturers.

Thanks,

-Pat

I am running Windows 7 with all Microsoft Updates and no I've never heard of any update causing a NET-Hook issue.

Zip2Go.DLL is a NET-Hook and FindOverlap.DLL is a C-Hook.

Meaning the .NET Framework is involved with one and not the other, so...

it would appear that something has gotten messed up in that area on these systems.

Trying running the CD_Compare.DLL (in \chooks\CD_Compare folder) and if that does not  run, that could confirm this assumption.

Thanks Roger.

The mystery deepens... The CD_Compare runs but Zip2Go and my NetHook do not. The really strange part is that this problem is specific to a user login. My login works fine. The corporate IT department has things locked down pretty tight but they have been fairly consistent in the past.

Any other thoughts?

This appears to be related to the users Windows Profile. Another user can login to the same box and the NetHook works as advertised.

So I sent the user to another box and he could login and it works.

I am going to delete the windows profile on the offending box and let the Domain recreate the profile and my guess is, all will be well. I will post back and let you know.

Thank you for the help!